Monday, January 9, 2017

Welcoming 2017

I welcome 2017 as the year my life will change drastically, and I'm not just talking about Donald Trump being President of the United States.

(DISCLAIMER: This is a blog post all about me, but don't I deserve that every once in a while?)

This is the year I move to New York.  Something I've been dreaming of since I was just nine years old is finally becoming reality.  I'll have a new set of plates, a new home gym, a new way to do laundry.  I'll have a new regular coffee shop, a new morning commute, a new spot to buy gum and fashion magazines.

Sometimes I think that I'm insane.  There's no reason I need to throw myself out into an entirely different world immediately after graduation.  My parents have made it clear that I'm welcome to live with them for as long as I like (which I'm sure they'd regret if I stayed longer than, say, two or three years post-graduation) and I know there are opportunities for me here in California.  There's no reason for me to pack up and jet across the nation to desperately claw my way into the fashion industry other than that it's my dream.  And if I didn't do this, if I didn't at least give it my all, I'd feel like a failure.

In less than 6 months, I'll be living in Manhattan.  California will no longer be home to me and that's so insane.  You know, based on the fact that it's been home for 21 (going on 22) years now.  But okay, enough about me already.  What are some changes you are welcoming this year?  Many people I went to high school with are graduating, moving onto that next step in life, but you don't have to be post-college age to have something new and exciting in your life.  Something to talk about?  Post a comment?  Nothing going on at all?  Make something up.

XOXO,

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment