Monday, June 13, 2016

Happy 30th Birthday MK & Ashley Olsen!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY-KATE AND ASHLEY!


Happy Birthday to my style icons.  All the 90's babies feel pretty long in the tooth knowing that the famous twins are 30 years old today. 

The Olsen twins have so much significance for me and my childhood, and I'm sure there are so many other men and women my age who feel the same way.

We all know them from Full House, but the Olsens have done so much more than play a bratty little kid on a 90's sitcom.  Obsessively renting every VHS (wow) of their movies, buying all of their soundtracks, and keeping up with their TV show So Little Time, I feel like I grew up with the twins.  I identified the most with the girlishness that was Ashley, taking care to mimic her gentle demeanor and style.  I never forgot Mary-Kate, though.  Her consistent role as the boisterous tomboy gave me a courage and humor necessary to survive adolescence. 

Yes, they made their name in the arms of Uncle Jesse and with the catchphrase, "You got it, dude!", but the twins have accomplished so much more that most of the world is unaware of.  Aside from their massive movie franchise and TV show appearances (Winning London and It Takes Two are forever my favorite; I dare you to judge me), they have accomplished so much in the fashion world.

Setting out to design their own labels Elizabeth and James and more recently The Row, their goal has consistently been to provide women with a wardrobe they can depend on and feel most comfortable in.  Their lines consist of basic classics done with the covetable Mary-Kate and Ashley style they've been flaunting since they were just shy of a year old. 

Who else has fond memories of these two?  Feel free to reminisce about an old movie, show, or moment from these two icons. 

XOXO,
Taylor



No comments:

Post a Comment